Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Influence

Hi everyone. So today I want to talk about influence because I just bought the book by Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. The Olsen twins are two people who inspire me to pursue a career in fashion. 


Back round Information on Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen:
Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have a clothing line at Wal-Mart for girls ages 4-14 stores across North America, as well as a beauty line called "Mary-Kate and Ashley: Real fashion for real girls".
In 2004 they made news by signing a pledge to allow full maternity leave to all the workers that sew their line of clothing in Bangladesh. The National Labor Committee, which organized the pledge, praised the twins for their commitment to worker rights.
The sisters have also have their own couture fashion label, The Row, which they named after Savile Row in London. In 2007, the Olsen twins launched Elizabeth & James, a contemporary collection inspired by their style of unique vintage finds and pieces in their personal wardrobes. They have also released a women's clothing line Olsenboye, at J.C. Penney, and a t-shirt line called StyleMint.

In their book they talk to artists, designers, photographers, writers, and personalities. Some include Diane von Frurstenburg, Peter Beard, Karl Lagerfeld, Chirstian Louboutin, and John Galliano.

I love reading books about fashion and style. They are really inspirational to me and make me want to follow my dreams :)

Now I want to know what influences all of you! So leave a comment letting me know what influences/inspires you in fashion, life, etc.

Xo
Jami

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know they had a book! I want to read it. I love books. What inspires me to pursue a career in fashion is Emily Schuman from Cupcakes and Cashmere. I've always had a passion for fashion, but I didn't know how to go about a career. Then, I decided to blog and found her blog. Her blog is my favorite blog! I also believe this is where I'm meant to be.

    http://denimanddogs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of the Olsen twins and have been for years. I've admired there continued success!

    xx
    Roxy

    www.accessorieswelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete